If you are looking for a small community feel while still having all amenities close at hand, buying a home in Waterdown may be for you! With a population of only 20,000, Waterdown feels like a tight-knit community. With newer subdivisions, paired with century homes in a quaint downtown core, and rural opportunities just outside the village, you’re sure to find the perfect fit.
Waterdown’s main street is home to independent shops, restaurants, and cafes. Visit one of the historic buildings that remain from the founding of the town. Or stop by the True North Gallery, dedicated to visual art created by musicians such as David Bowie, Eric Clapton and Paul McCartney.
With its small-town feel, all amenities are close at hand, with both Burlington and Hamilton only minutes away.
- As part of the Niagara Escarpment, Waterdown has epic hiking trails, along which you will find beautiful views, wildlife and waterfalls.
- Waterdown has a great sense of community and hosts festivals every year, including The Waterdown Ribfest.
- You can take a trip to a local farm, garden centre, or orchard, or visit the weekly farmers market.
- Memorial Park homes a splash pad, ball diamond, skate park, and outdoor ice rink.
- Take a stroll down the main street, where you’ll find independent shops, restaurants, and The Waterdown Village Theatre.
Part of the Hamilton-Wentworth school Board, Waterdown offers public schools, a catholic school, French-immersion programs, and a Montessori School.
Now the Royal Coachman Restaurant, the building was initially The Kirk Hotel. It was built in 1868 and ran by the Kirk family for almost a century.