Email me to sign up: email@example.com | The event begins at 8am on June 15th
I’m Andrée Craig and I’m a real estate sales representative who lives, works and plays in Headon Forest with my family, and our puppies. One of my personal goals and a goal of my work is to participate in and contribute to the community we live in so I decided to organize a community garage sale in the neighbourhood we live in.
The idea for this garage sale stems from wanting to share a sense of community with my neighbours. My intention for this community garage sale is threefold:
- To build community in our awesome neighbourhood by giving us all a chance to spend time with neighbours at the garage sale.
- To give us all a chance to simplify life a little by selling household items we no longer use. This gives them a second life and reduces our environmental footprint.
- To financially support a great resource in our neighbourhood – Community Living Burlington. Garage sale hosts are encouraged to donate $10 to Community Living. A donation of $20 or more will get a charitable donation receipt. We will pick up the donation.
I hope you’ll join in!
Garage Sale Hosts:
The garage sale officially starts at 8:00 am and runs until 12:00 pm on June 15. I’ll be distributing garage sale goodie bags about 1 week prior to our event. As a garage sale host you’re also invited to make a donation to Community Living Burlington
If you are a local business, service or non-profit and would like to participate in the event here are a few ideas.
You could provide:
- A menu for your restaurant
- An event description or invitation
- Donate a prize
- A list of classes you’re offering (yoga, painting etc)
- Donate a gift certificate
- Provide a discount coupon for your product or service ie 15% off
- A sample of your product
- A list of your services
- A stamp card – buy 8 coffees and get the 9th free
I’d be happy to add any of these items to the goodie bag that garage sale hosts will be receiving. This might be a great way to promote your business or service to local residents. Please call me at 289-795-1861 or send me a note through the “Inquire” link at the top right hand side of the page.
Garage Sale Shoppers
Hello Garage Sale Shoppers!
Are you a thrifter, vintage hunter, student, garage sale junkie, collector, new home owner needing some furniture or simply a neighbour wanting to check out some cool stuff? Well, you’ve come to the right place.
Please join the HEADON FOREST neighbourhood at our first annual Community Garage Sale and Fundraiser on Saturday June 15th from 8:00 am – 12:30 pm.
Headon Forest runs between Guelph Line to Walkers Line and Dundas to Upper Middle
You will not be asked to make a donation however Garage Sale hosts are invited to make a donation to Community Living Burlington.
If you’d like to know more about Community Living Burlington and the amazing work they do to support our community in our own neighbourhood, take a look at their website… https://www.clburlington.ca/
When you’re ready to make a donation you can do it one of two ways:
- Click on this link https://www.clburlington.ca/donation-options.html
- I can pick it up from you once you are registered to the event.
Thank you for participating and making a donation to Community Living Burlington